Tuesday, July 24, 2012

38 Weeks

Below are some pictures of the nursery that is just waiting on our baby boy!  I am so thrilled with the way it turned out.  It's hard to believe it used to be painted purple and all very girly. 






But now onto the important stuff: an update on baby progress.  I had my appointment today and found out....there is no baby progress.  I'm still dilated to 3 cm but other than that, I got nothing!  It's kind of a bummer on the one hand, but on the other hand I wasn't really expecting to hear that I had progressed because I feel pretty much exactly the same as I did last week at this time.  But that is also the fun part AND the part that can drive a person CRAZY.  I could go through one more week of nothing happening OR I could start having contractions that send me into labor the second after I hit "publish" on this post.   You just never know.
So baby's heartbeat was 148 and Dr. S is very certain he is head down.  And so am I.  I can tell by the way the movements feel.  The movements I feel up high in my ribs feel like kicks where as the movements that I feel down low like against my hip bones are more squirmy like a head moving side to side.
My Dr. discussed induction. He was willing to induce me as early as this Friday if I wanted.  But I'm not ready for that.  There is no medical need for it and I feel like baby just needs some more time to make sure he gets all of his finishing touches complete.  However, it was really hard to not agree to have it done.  What my ears heard were, "So would you like to meet your baby on Friday?"  How on earth do you say, "Nah, I'll wait" to that?  I don't know, but somehow I did.  So the plan is to go back to the Dr. next Monday and maybe I'll give in to being induced then.  This is my last week of work and I hate to burn to much of my FMLA time without baby here.  So I know that next week I will really be feeling like I want to get the show on the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment