Tuesday, July 17, 2012

37 Weeks

I had my Dr.'s appointment this morning and learned that  I've made some progress...I'm dilated to 3cm!! WoooHooooo!  I was quite shocked to learn that I'm that far dilated considering I was a 1 last week.  So this kind of put s a whole new spin on my feelings of when we are going to meet this baby boy.  I've never been early and figured I wouldn't be this time either.  But now there is small part of me that is thinking maybe, just maybe, this guy will make his appearance early.  I only got up to 2 cm dilated before being induced 3 days prior to my due date with Clara.  With Alayna, I think I did reach a 3 but had her shortly thereafter.  So we'll see.  I realize I could walk around at  a 3 for some time still though.
Otherwise, I am still measuring big but Dr. S said that he does not think I am having a big baby.  He thinks I'm measuring high (or big) because the baby hasn't dropped yet.  He also thinks I'm carrying "all out front" which could be why I'm measuring big.  Baby's heartbeat was 145 and I'm 50% effaced.
I've been having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions.  Mostly in the evening while I'm sitting with my feet up in my recliner.  It's funny how I never felt these with the girls and I'm feeling them all the time with this little guy.
So yesterday I stepped on a bee and was stung once (or maybe even twice) on my 2nd toe.  It hurt SO bad. It felt like I stepped on a knife.  So my toe is swollen and red.  It feels like I am walking around with a marble on the bottom of my toe.  That does nothing for my already disgustingly fat feet.
The girls have been loving feeling the baby make such big movements in my belly.  They love crawling up in my recliner - both at the same time - and just putting their hands on me. Sometimes it like my whole belly is dancing and other times, I feel a definite "knob" of some kind far over on my right side.  Clara also loves kissing my belly.  It's adorable.
Lastly, I wanted to share something Alayna said last week. 
She said, "Mommy, how do people know there is a baby in your belly?"
I said, "Well I guess because my belly is SO big."
She replied, "How do they know it's a baby and not just a lot of food?"
Haha, I couldn't help but think that was her way of asking me how people know that I'm not just fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment