Tuesday, May 8, 2012

27 Weeks

I had my monthly Dr.'s appointment this morning.  And it was an eventful one.  I had the lovely glucose screen to make sure I'm not developing gestational diabetes.  It involved drinking an extra sugary 8 oz fruit punch drink.  Then an hour later they drew my blood for the lab work.  I also got my RhoGam shot since I'm Rh-.  The little guy's heartbeat was 162 today.  I surprisingly didn't gain weight over the last month.  Don't ask me how I pulled that off because I have no idea.  My uterus is measuring right at 28 weeks.  So things are looking good.  I got to schedule my next visit in which I am doing an elective ultrasound because I want to see him again sooo badly!  My Dr. only does one routine scan unless there are issues.  So I don't anticipate that I'll be getting another unless something comes up.  It will be 3D/4D scan so we'll get to see him in much more detail.  I've never had a 3D/4D done so I really cannot wait.  My mom and I are going together so that should be a lot of fun!  Plus I'm really looking for some more confirmation that I'm carry a boy.  Once I have that scan done, I will be confident to begin putting the nursery together.

Speaking of the nursery, I bought some lettering for his room that I am so excited about.  I was originally hoping to find some free standing wooden letters that I could spell his name out with.  My thought was to buy a little shelf or ledge and place them on that.  So I went to Hobby Lobby to look for something like that which I found, but then I found something even better.  I found these tin signs letters.  I was able to find a tin for each letter in his name.  So yay! Each of them are uniquely different but look very cool when placed all together. I could not be happier with my purchase.  I wish I could show them off to people but since we don't share the name until the baby is here, I guess I will have to keep them to myself too.  I also picked out some adorable border that I plan on using in his room.  I will have to post some pictures of the room as we work on it.

The garage sale was successful a couple of weekends ago - I made $464 to be exact.  So that money is getting put to use right quick on things we need for the baby.

I still don't know anymore about the car seat issue.  I've only received 1 of the 3 I ordered.  The others should be here by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment