Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ultrasound Day

The much anticipated ultrasound day finally arrived today.  And what a wonderful day it has been.   Today we found out that we are being blessed with a baby boy!  We cannot believe that we are actually capable of making a baby boy.  Although I was hopeful for a boy, there was a part of me that believed I was just a girl mommy.  So we were absolutely thrilled when the ultrasound lady said, "this is a baby boy" with confidence.  WOW!  I'm sooo excited!  He measured perfectly and looks healthy which is so reassuring to hear as well. Right now the baby is breech but Dr. S says he has plenty of time to turn.  And if he doesn't then, "we'll just figure out a way to make him turn."  His heartbeat was 148 during the ultrasound.  I wish I could have an ultrasound at every visit.  It's so fun to watch the baby moving around.  He was really moving around the whole time.  The ultrasound tech joked that we'd have our hands full with this little mover.  I believe she said he weighed 10 ounces and is 6 inches long from the top of his head to the bottom of his behind (not including the legs).

All in all we had a wonderful day together. The four of us really enjoyed this beautiful day.  65 degrees outside and sunny, a perfect day! 

Celebratory lunch at Ruby Tuesdays



I wonder if he'll look like Daddy?

After lunch we went to Babies R Us to purchase our very first boy item.  It felt so foreign being in the boy section, but totally fun!!  I loved looking at everything.  We ended up picking out this onesie that came with camo pants of course!

And we couldn't stop there.  We went to Rural King to buy dog food but I, of course, had to browse through the kids clothing. I found this adorable onesie and had to buy it too.
OH  - THIS IS GOING TO  BE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment